Sunday, February 17, 2013

 
 
 
OUR CHICKEN ADVENTURE BEGINS
 
 
We are in the process of building a chicken coop to raise chickens for eggs and meat. Notice, I said in the process...lol. Hubby is working on it as I type this. Friday, I stopped by a local feed store to look at and purchase some seed.  Madison and I could here the baby chicks as we walked through the door.  I said "no" several times.  As I talked with the lady that was waiting on me, I realized it would be 2 more weeks before they would receive more Rhode Island Reds. We chose them because they are said to be good dual purpose chickens and good for our area.  Needless to say, Madison and I walked out of the feed store with more than seed. We walked out with a box of baby chicks and chick starter as well....19 Rhode Island Red, 3 Amaraucanas, and 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes. 
 
Guess where they are????  We now have baby chicks living in our house....of course in a tub. I am amazed at how quickly they are changing and how messy these little things are.  The girls are naming the ones they know we are going to keep.  Hoping nothing happens to them. We shall see how this new adventure goes. 
 
Our Yorkie, Ginger, wondering what these noisy
things are.
 

Jaelyn petting the chicks.
 

It doesn't take much to entertain these girls.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment