Monday, February 11, 2013

MEET THE HENSONS

 
My name is Lisa. I have been married to my wonderful husband James for 16 years. After loosing one baby and dealing with infertility for 5 years, we were blessed with our first baby girl Jaelyn, whom will soon be 11. :(   Two years later, God gave us another beautiful baby girl, Madison. We chose to homeschool the girls from the beginning.  The first year, Jaelyn and I cried almost the whole year.  I strongly felt that God had lead us to homeschool our girls, so we kept on.  We are still trudging along to this day.....step by step....and day by day....with the help of my Lord. I am so thankful for the priviledge to teach my girls at home where we can also learn lots of life skills, which is my ultimate goal...prepare my girls to be productive young adults whether they choose college, marriage, or the job force. 
 
We live on less than an acre of land at this point of time.  Hoping to eventually own a larger piece of property.  We have gardened for about 12 years...canning and preserving as much as we can.  We are trying to become more self sufficient. We added container gardening and some raised bed to our land this year. We are in the process of building a chicken coop in order to raise chickens for eggs and meat. Also, we currently bought oat and wheat to grind for our on flour.  We have been drinking raw milk for about a year now. Also, we make our own butter from them cream. We are hoping to get away from so much of the processed and hormone loaded foods.
 
 
Jaelyn, Madison, James, Lisa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our beautiful daughters,Jaelyn and Madison 
 
 
 
 
 
Jaelyn and Madison enjoying a field trip with
some friends.

2 comments:

  1. You are off to a great start! You know I know all this stuff, so there is not much to say that I don't say all the time on the phone. Except that you are a huge blessing to me and my family and I am so thankful that our craZy personalities seem to complicate each other so well. I look forward to reading your writings here dear friend! {It is super fun to get comments, isn't it?}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol....dumb me just realized that you commented. I had to change my settings. I am sooooo thankful that God put your family and my family together. I am truly BLESSED!!!!!

    ReplyDelete